National Park Service staff are recruiting volunteers for work days on March 21 and March 23, 2019, to prepare for the April openings of Linville Falls and Julian Price Campgrounds on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Project work at both sites includes clearing brush and debris, blowing leaves, cleaning out fire-rings and other maintenance activities. Additional details for each work day are as follows:
March 21 – Linville Falls Campground Work Day
- Location: Linville Falls Campground, near Parkway Milepost 316.4
- Date and Time: Thursday March 21, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Contact Info: Please contact BLRI_Volunteers@nps.
gov to confirm your attendance by March 18, 2019. Space may be limited.
March 23 – Julian Price Campground Work Day
- Meeting Location: Julian Price Campground Kiosk, near Parkway Milepost 297
- Date and Time: Saturday March 23, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Contact Info: Please contact the High Country Chapter of Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway at highcountry@
friendsbrp.org to confirm your attendance by Wednesday March 20, 2019. Space may be limited.
- Additional Details: Volunteers planning to stay for the afternoon are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. Partial work days are available.
Participants at both sites should come wearing clothing appropriate for outside work including layers and closed-toed shoes. All necessary tools will be provided by the park on site.
Over 1,000 volunteers provide more than 40,000 hours in service to the Blue Ridge Parkway each year completing everything from debris removal and maintenance to citizen science projects and direct visitor service.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities visit the park website at https://www.nps.gov/blri/