» Author: Barbara & Victor Medina
» Pages: 256
» Format: Paperback
» Size: 6" x 9" x 0.8"
» Features: water-resistan cover, detailed descriptions, color photos, over 300 plants, glossary
» Publisher: Falcon Guides
Southern Appalachian Wildflowers is the ultimate field guide to wildflowers of the ecoregion that encompasses Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway and stretches through Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.
Packed with vivid color photos and informative text, this valuable reference will help you identify and appreciate the varied flora of these wooded mountains.
This easy-to-use guide features:
- A tough, water-resistant cover and extra-durable binding, made to withstand vigorous field use
- Detailed descriptions and color photos of nearly 300 species of plants
- An introduction to the habitats and ecology of the Southern Appalachian Mountains
- A primer on plant characteristics
- A glossary of botanical terms
Southern Appalachian Wildflowers is perfect for the novice and expert wildflower enthusiast alike. Whether you are lucky enough to view the stunning Yellow Day Lily or the moisture-loving Purple Cress, this guide will enhanced your next hike or scenic drive in the Southern Appalachian Mountains.